Friday, September 11, 2009

Um den Zoo und die Brauerei

Today was, surprisingly, kind of slow. Well, compared to the last couple of days anyway.

First, we went to the Salzburg Zoo. That was kind of interesting, because it was built right at the edge of a very, very, very tall rock wall, so rather than have a seperate avian habitat, they've set it up so that the birds next right on the cliff face.

Despite previous plans to the contrary, I wound up taking a ton of pictures there. Don't really know if y'all want to see them, though, as there really wasn't anything special (seen one zoo, seen 'em all kind of deal).

After that, we went to the Stiegl Brewery, which is a world-famous brewery in Salzburg. There was a museum in the complex, which turned out to be something of a disappointment. We were under the impression that the "museum" was actually a tour of the brewery and would show the brewing process. Instead, it was just a history of the Stiegl brand. There also wasn't much too it, so I didn't take that many pictures. None of them are really interesting, but I can post something if you'd like (comment if you do).

Once dinner was over, the group hung around Haus Wartenburg for a little while, then we decided to go look for a coffee shop that was open late. We didn't find it. And it started pouring. So, while they all went to try and stay dry at an Irish Pub (yes there is one in Salzburg), Jesse and I decided to head back. While the pub scene isn't really my thing, I kinda wish I'd stayed with the main group: I got soaked to the bone.

So, now, I'm wet and very tired, so I'm gonna call it a night.

Peace,

-Raptor

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, please post the photos. we love seeing them

CDL Gal 54 said...

Awww,poor Andrew,tired and wet...not a good combination! haha,but i hope u dried off. so what's the food like over there?And i agree with Rita, I'd like to see the pictures too!